As I continue with my studies of the Vedas, Itihasas, Puranas and Indian history I find that India is breaking free of the Euro-centric colonial history, propogated by the Marxist historians and challenged by the Nationalist historians.
- Many people are studying the Vedas, Itihasas and Puranas in Sanskrit and other Indian Languages.
- They are studying the original manuscripts and investigating the oral traditions.
- Fresh translations are going on and being made available freely on the internet.
- They are looking at astronomical and geograhical clues within the texts.
- They are tracking down all the inscriptions, decoding ancient scripts, translating the inscriptions and publishing them freely on the internet.
- They are drawing charts of the ancient skies using modern software and using that to estimate time lines.
- They are travelling and covering every square inch of the ground, digging underground and diving under the oceans as well.
- They are looking at the traditions of all countries not just those of Europe.
They have found the walled cities of the Andhras before the Satavahanas. They have found the Saraswathi River and Dwaraka. People are reading, thinking, writing, analysing, discussing and debating. Everyday something new comes to light.
- Indians (like Yadavas) have not only beat back invaders for centuries but they (like Cholas) did their own share of invading too – outside the boundaries of the surrounding oceans in the south and the mountain ranges of the north.
- The Indian Tamils at the Southern Tip of our country neither lost to the Magadhans (Asoka) nor to the Muslims. It was the ‘gun-and-treaty’ game of the British that finally gave them control of the Tamils for 2 centuries. So we have an unbroken tradition there from 500,000 BCE to date. Tamil literature will give us excellent clues about the history of India. And it is being researched.
The history of India is the history of all 56 (traditionally mentioned) countries within the sub-continent. It is the history of our 4000 odd castes and tribes with their sub-castes. And it is the history of all the river valley civilizations – Kaveri, Krishna, Godavari, Narmada, Mahanadi plus the Saraswathi, Sindhu, Yamuna, Ganga and all the lake (kere) civilzations.
And it is being researched and written now not by invaders, but by Indians and foreign scholars.
Of course the “Modern Indian Historical Texts” and “Govt. of India Web-Sites” live in the Euro-Centric Colonial Days. Our history was dyed green and then painted white, but any effort to correct it is resisted as saffronisation. That is politics, only politics, not history! What will history say of these historians and rulers?
Authorship and Copyright Notice : Satya Sarada Kandula : All Rights Reserved.