This should make an excellent science project for young students of Indian Science and History and for Computer Science Students looking for graphics/animation projects. It will also be excellent if a maths/science student with the ability to draw, understands this and makes an illustration of this for me (us)!
I have made the description of A Revolving Solar System Model as per Surya Siddhantam available here : Astronomical Instruments : Gola bandha Gola Yantra . A must see – at least a Must Glance! The design is awesome! Wonderful! It tells the astronomer to gaurd this design jealously., otherwise he might lose the edge over his competitors!
- Aryabhatta implied that the Sun was at the centre of the Solar System.
- The Surya Siddhantam is a much older text (pre-dates Sri Rama) which describes that the earth at the centre of the solar system.
- Also, Aryabhatta clearly mentioned that it was the earth spinning that was the cause of the same angular velocity of all the celestial bodies.
- Surya Siddhantam explains that there is a Pravaha (flow (of air?)) that pushes all the celestial bodies on their orbits.
- The Surya Siddhantam does not talk about the wobble of the earth about its axis. It explains how Rahu pulls the Moon and Sun on their North-South Shifts. The Moon being smaller than the Sun gets pulled more than the sun. I love this explanation. (In astronomy Rahu is considered the North Node of the Moon, the point where the Moon’s orbit crosses the ecliptic. Ketu is the descending or the South Node of the moon. Rahu, like Maya Danava, is a son of Vipracitti and Simhika.)
More to come., on this subject….
Authorship and Copyright Notice: All Rights Reserved : Satya Sarada Kandula