Sri Krishna married Bhadra, the daughter of Sritakirthi who was sister of his father Vasudeva.
This is as per the ‘Menarikam’ custom still followed in South India (Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Andhra)
My Theory :
- Satrughna’s son Surasena, is the father of Vasudeva and the grandfather of Sri Krishna.
- Surasena named his daughter Sritakirthi after his mother Sritakirthi – this custom of naming your children after your parents was followed in South India till very recently.
- Bhadra is called Kaikeyi, in the verse above, because her father, Srtakirthi’s husband, Vasudeva’s brother-in-law was from Kekeya (Pakisthan).
- Mathura which was Sri Krishna’s by right of inheritance, was given by Surasena to Ugrasena (Devaki’s father), and usurped by his son Kamsa, Sri Krishna killed Kamsa and restored Mathura to Ugrasena. Later on Balarama inherited Mathura.
- Bharata’s mother Kaikeyi, was the daughter of Asvapati and sister of Yudhajit of Kaikeya. Kaikeyi is of a great-great-grandmother’s generation to Bhadra.
- Bharata’s son Taksha of Takshasila and Surasena were first cousins.
- Therefore Taksha was of a grandfather’s generation and relationship to Sri Krishna.
- Pariskshit, the son of Abhimanyu, was the 5th generation from Taksha and was also later enthroned in Takshasila.
- Takshaka caused the death of Parikshit.
- Janamejaya was the 6th generation from Taksha.
- He tried to kill Takshaka but could not because of Indra.
My Data and Analysis:
- Only 3-4 Generations between Rama and Krishna.
- Generations previous to Sri Rama.
- Yadu, Puru, Kuru
- How long did ancient Indians live? – A long lived person 120+ years could be be in contact with the 7th generation from him both up and down, if a generation is 15 years.
Authorship and Copyright Notice : All Rights Reserved : Satya Sarada Kandula