As per the Matsya Purana : (Reference),
- Narasimha Avataram is during the time of Hiranyakasipu. (All puranas agree on this)
- Hiranyakasipu is the son of Diti and Kasyapa. (All puranas agree on this)
- Prahlada is the son of Hiranyakasipu. (All puranas agree on this)
- Virochana is the son of Prahlada and Bali is the son of Virochana (known from other sources)
- Vamana took heaven and earth from Bali and sent him to Patala. (All puranas agree on this)
- Bali was the king of the Asuras at the time of the Churning of the Ocean - Kurma and Mohini Avataras (Matsya Puranam)
Therefore the Narasimha Avataram precedes the Kurma Avataram as per the Matsya Puranam.
However if the Ksheera Sagara Mathanam is purely an astronomical allegory, then there is no problem with the sequence of events. (See : Ksheera Sagara Mathanam (Location) and Ksheera sagara: Ocean of milk: The milky way )
- The Matsya Purana was revealed by Matsya himself to Satyavrata (Vaiwaswata Manu).
- The Matsya Avataram is said to be previous to all these avatars.
- The traditional interpretation is that “Time is Circular and not a Straight Line” (See : Time Line or Time Circle? and Two kinds of time. So the future is, in a sense, history.)
Authorship and Copyright Notice : All Rights Reserved : Satya Sarada Kandula