- The current age of the earth as per Traditional Indian Astronomy, based on the alignments of our Sun, our Moon, 5 planets, their apogees, perigees etc is half a kalpa. A kalpa is 4 320 000 000 earth years long. ie 4.32 billion years long. So the earth is 2.16 billion years old. And there is another 2.16 billion years to go before pralaya.
- The current age of the earth as per the radiometric dating of the meteorites is 4.6 billion years, a little over a kalpa.
- So the traditional date as per Indian Astronomy and the geological date as per radiometric dating are of the same order of magnitude, (but numerically different). (Notes : Age of the Earth)
- The current age of the universe as per the big bang theory is approximately 4 kalpas.
- The age of the earth, according to a Christian Bishop Ussher, based on the geneology of kings in their bible is 5600 years. This is very close to the traditonal date for beginning of the Kaliyuga (which began in 3102 BCE). From this we can ascertain that the all Biblical Religions and histories (Judaism, Christianity and Islam) are Kaliyuga religions and histories. If this bishop’s analysis is correct, then biblical religions have no memory of the periods before the Kaliyuga such as Dwapara etc.
Consolidated : Indian History – A New Construct
Authorship and Copyright Notice : All Rights Reserved : Satya Sarada Kandula