Reference : Vishnu Puranam Page : 334; 4th Amsa - 24th Adhyaya.
When the sun, moon, and jupiter come together with Tishya (Pushya) Nakshatram in one rasi, then you have a kruta yugam. (This occurs once in every 12 years approx. Jupiter spends an average of a year per rasi, during which time the sun spends one month in that rasi and the moon spends approx. 2 days in that rasi.
Tishya Nakshatram is in Karkataka Rasi, called Cancer in English, but it may not be an exact match).
So as per this definition, this kind of Kruta Yuga Occurs every 12 years.
- Of the 4th Amsa, the 21st Adhyaya to the first hundred and one shlokas of the 24th Adhyaya, the description is aboutthe kings of the Kaliyuga who controlled Magadha, Kasi etc.
- The tense used is future, the narration is in the voice of Parasara
- The style is prosaic and not poetic.
- It is my view that these adhyayas were updated from time to time as time went on, to keep the text updated as well as to preserve the time stamp of the original puranam.
- From the 102nd verse quoted above, we are back to the poetic form of the original Parasara.
- However since the next verses demonstrate a knowledge of Mahapadma Nanda’s coronation, I think that some of them must be of that period or later.
Authorship and Copyright Notice : All Rights Reserved : Satya Sarada Kandula
Linking is permitted, copying and quoting are forbidden. This is a living document that will be updated as I get more knowledge.