- Vishnu Puranam Page : 334; 4th Amsa - 24th Adhyaya.
- How many kinds of Yugas are there? (In the Mahabharata, Markandeya gives KaliYuga length as 1200 years)
And Then, oh brahman, began Kali (Yuga) of twelve hundred year duration,
(… next… when the Amsa of Vishnu, (Sri Krishna) went to heaven.)
When I compare this with Krutha (Krita, Krta) Yuga Definition in Vishnu Puranam which we can calculate to 12 years approximately, it strikes me that this update was made after Parikshit’s time and the rishi of this shloka accepted a kaliyuga length of 1200 years.
See Also :
- Parikshit to Nanda – 1050 years – Vishnu Puranam
- Saptarishis in Maghaa Nakhstaram at Parikshit’s time : Vishnu Puranam
- Definition : Saptarishis in or indicating a nakshatram as per Vishnu Puranam
- Saptarishi (Great Bear) Positions according to Varahamihira and Vateswara
Authorship and Copyright Notice : All Rights Reserved : Satya Sarada Kandula