It is Important to note :
- The 12 year length of Krutha Yuga in Shloka 102 : Krutha (Krita, Krta) Yuga Definition in Vishnu Puranam
- The 1200 year duration of the Kaliyuga in single line Shloka 107 : 1200 year Kaliyugam started in Parikshit’s time : Vishnu Puranam
- The 360,000 year length of the Kaliyuga in Shloka 114
- And the 1200 divine year (year of the Devas) length of the KaliYuga = 432000 human years in shloka 115. This is the value accepted and used today.
I have previously written in How many kinds of Yugas are there?, that the yuga durations grew as the calculations became more precise and accounted for more celestial luminaries. The Aryabhatiyam and the Surya Siddhantham of Maya use this final number.
Also Interesting to Note :
- Lokamanya Sri Balagangadhar Tilak, said that the original home of the Devas (and Aryans) was near the north pole, where one day and night of the inhabitants would equal one year of the people in the temperate zones.
- He therefore said that 1 arctic day and night = 1 arctic year = 1 divine year = 1 temperate year = 1 human year.
See Also :
- Parikshit to Nanda – 1050 years – Vishnu Puranam
- Saptarishis in Maghaa Nakhstaram at Parikshit’s time : Vishnu Puranam
- Definition : Saptarishis in or indicating a nakshatram as per Vishnu Puranam
- Saptarishi (Great Bear) Positions according to Varahamihira and Vateswara
- 1200 year Kali yugam started in Parikshit’s time : Vishnu Puranam
- Kaliyuga started, with Sri Krishna’s Ascent : Vishnu Puranam
- Nanda came to power when the Saptarishis indicated Purvashaada : Vishnu Puranam
Authorship and Copyright Notice : All Rights Reserved : Satya Sarada Kandula