The sons of Rshis could be Devas, Rshis or anything else.. independent of the mother’s caste and dependent only on their own gunas.
- The sons of Kasyapa, Indra, Surya, Varuna, and others were Devas.
- The sons of Kasyapa, Hiranyaksha and Hiranyakasipu were Daityas. (Aditi and Kasyapa, Adityas – Suras, Daityas, Danavas)
- The sons of Brhaspati, Kacha and Bharadwaja were rshis. (Bharadwaja)
- The sons of Atri : Dattareya was divine, Chandra was a Deva, Durvasa was a Maharshi. (Durvasa)
- The sons of Bhrgu, Sukracharya and Chyavana were rshis. (Bhrgu (Bhrigu, Bhrugu), Sukracharya)
- The sons of Visravas became kings of Yakshas and Rakshasas. (Rakshasas)
- The sons, grandsons, great grandsons and great great grandsons of Vasishtha were Rishis. (Sakthi, Parasara, Veda Vyasa, Suka, the son of Vyasa)
The sons of Devas could again be Devas, Kakas, Vanaras, Naras and so on
- Indra’s son Jayantha was a Kaka, his son Vali was a Vanara and his son Arjuna was a Nara. (Indra, Arjuna अर्जुन)
- Surya’s son, Vaivaswatha Manu was a manava, Sugreeva was a Vanara and Karna was a Manava. (Vaivaswatha Manu, Sugriva, Karna)
People could also change their jathis “on-line” through curses and boons.
- Nahusha, the father of Yayati, the son of Ayus and the grandson of Pururavas was cursed by Agastya and became a Naga. (Agastya – Canopus, Nagas, Vara – Sapa : Boon – Curse)
- Tataki, Kalmashapada, Kabandha etc are gandharvas, yakshas or manava turned into rakshasas. (Tataki తాటకి )
Authorship and Copyright Notice : All Rights Reserved : Satya Sarada Kandula