- Click for Bhavishya Puranam In Hindi
- Look at pages 404 to 406
- You will find in simple and readable Hindi the story and method for celebrating each day of this fortnight. (16th March to 30th March). This has more festivals than listed below.
- The telugu kannada new year started on 16th march the first day of suklapaksha chaitra masam. nimba kusuma bhakshana.
- The parsi month of aavan started on 17th March
- Gowri Trutiya, Matsya Jayanti on 18th March + Muslim month of rabi-ul-aakhir started. aandoLana trutiya. uttarAbhAdra karte. (Sun enters the region of the uttarabhadra nakshatram)
- Ganesha Chaturthi on 19th March
- Sri Lakshmi Panchami on 20th March, Naga panchami, matsya jayanti.
- Vishuva diwas on 21st March
- Jain aayambil Olee begins on 22nd March as well as the vaasanthee durgaaoojaa of Bengal. SuryaPuja
- 23rd March the Shirdi Sai Baba utsav starts, as well annapoorna utsav (bengal) and durgaashtami , as’okaashtamee. Bhavani utpatti
- 24 the March is my special favorite Sri Rama Navami., as well as Sri Swaminarayanajayanti. (I usually hope for a light rain on this day, as well jaggery paanakam, kosambri, thyagaraja kirthanas and Sri Rama Utsava Vigraha processions.). The Chaitra Navaratri ends on this day.
- On 25th March the sai baba festival at Shirdi ends. and there is a guru pushya amruta yoga from 10.40 am .. I am not sure till when.
- 26th of March is kaamadaa ekaadas’I. vaaDa palli teertham.
- 27th Mrach s’ani pradosha
- 28th March is Mahaveer Jayanti, anangavrat, ananga trayodasi . ghatiyaj daaham.
- 29th March id damanaka caturdasi (described in the link above), purnima starts at 11.04 and so does the upavaas for hanuman jayanthi celebrations
- 30th March is Chaitra Pournami.. Hanuman Jayanti. “Danda Nata commences from the Chaitra Purnima and continues upto the Pana Sankranti (Maha Vishuva Sankranti) day (Oriya New Year). These two months, Chaitra and Baisakha are considered most auspicious for the worship of Lord Shiva. – Puri”. Madana Purnima, mahaachaitri. North Indians start their adhika vaisakha masa, but telugu and kannada people wait till krishna paksha is over for their new month to begin. The jew-yuhadee month of pisaaha starts. hastaa nakshatram.
- 31st march – rohini kaarte.
Over this period sun rise whifts from 6.48 to 6.36. roughly rising a minute earlier each day. This data is as per the Hindi KaalanirNaya panchaang. (by Sri Jayant Saalgaavankar)
Authorship and Copyright Notice : All Rights Reserved : Satya Sarada Kandula