I have seen Mallikarjuna of SriSailam and Rameswara in Rameswaram.
I still remember my father pointing out the sikharam of srisailam saying that, “having seen the sikharam of srisailam, there will be not be another birth”
उज्जैन or Ujjain is very important to Indians. (How to reach Ujjain)
- It is one of the Kumbha Mela Places.
- It is connected to Vikramaditya, Bhartruhari, Kalidasa And Varahamihira (Traditional View)
- It has an astronomical observatory.
- And it is home to the Mahakaleswar Jyotirlingam.
- It was the zero longitude for ancient Indian Astronomers
(It is 2 day trip by train from Bangalore.. which is a little much.. and all the flights will take you to Delhi or elsewhere and bring you back to Indore.. so that is also all day.. what with all the security checks etc! Lots of information about trains and classes with pictures.)
Omakareswar also sounds awesome.
- Narmada, according to my understanding of my research.. is where IT all began! The Out-of-India theory in my notebook leads to an Out-of-Narmada theory. This means I believe that this is where people first happened and spread out. (Human Evolution)
- This is where the Kaveri joins Narmada.
If I could go everywhere and see everything at all the right times that would be great.. but for that I would have to be the Purusha whose heads, eyes and feet are our heads, eyes and feet!
If I could have a “greedy wish” it would be to see all the jyotirlingams in karthika masam especially on Mondays!
Index Page : Travel
Authorship and Copyright Notice : All Rights Reserved : Satya Sarada Kandula
- Travel : A trip to Brahmagiri, Chitradurga (Asoka Siddhapura)
- Travel : A trip to Dhanushkoti (Dhanuskodi)
- Travel : A trip to Dharmaraya temple, Bangalore
- Travel : A Trip to Pamban Bridge, Rameswaram
- Travel : DoluKunitha, Kodigehalli, Bangalore