Everyone knows that, Hanuman, the son of the wind, vayu deva, is the fastest. Right? Well, the Isa Upanishad, tells us of one so fast that even the Devas could not catch up with That. (na enat devAh aapnuvan pUrvam arSat : Isa Vasya Upanishad). The Kena Upanishad tells us that Uma Haimavati, appeared in the very same place and explained the nature of ”That” Brahman to Indra. Some think of Her as Brahmavidya. The Devi Bhagavatam tells us that She herself is the Brahman.
We have thus far identified Lakshmi Devi, who is an aspect of Devi, with Light. (All the links to the previous posts on this topic are at the bottom of this page. Please read them before debating.)
And we have learnt from physics, that Light is the fastest of all. We can’t catch up with light.
Light is made up of massless particles called photons. The moment a photon is created, it quickly accelerates to c = 3*10^8 m/s
Nothing can go faster than a massless particle in vaccuum!!
And we have previously considered that the bio-chemical-electrical activity of the brain which we understand as consciousness or Chaitanya is also an aspect of the Devi. But these nerve signals are not as fast as sound or light. The fastest recorded wind speed is 113 m/s and the fastest nerve signal is 120 m/s, so Chaitanya is certainly faster than Vayu Deva, though not by very much.
Common Sense is a poor guide in the domains of the very fast and the very small.
For many thousands of years, humans have studied the rules that govern objects and activities on our scale.
Then we discovered that all the rules we framed are not highly accurate or highly truthful but they serve as Excellent Approximations in our scale of things, in our frame of reference. Things change drastically on other scales, where these approximations and methods are invalid.
- For an ordinary human being, light is extremely fast, for an astronomer, light just ambles along taking years to reach from the stars to the earth.
- For a particle physicist, c, the speed of light, is a convenient unit of speed.
- While astronomers like to use parsecs (3.26 light years) as a unit of distance and we would like to use km, particle physicists use 10^-15m (a femtometer or fermi) as a unit of distance. 1 fermi is about the size of a proton.
- The time it takes a particle to cross the nucleus is 10^-23s. The typical lifetime of a long lived particle is 10^-10s.
- 1 C, a coulomb of charge can light a lamp for 1 s. A proton and an electron have 1.6*10^-19 C of charge.
- The unit for mass is kg and energy is Joule at our scale.
- Because of the mass-energy equivalence, we use the same units for mass and energy when talking about particles, the electron volt. 1 eV = 1.6*10^-19 J. So when we say that the mass of a proton is 1 GeV or the mass of an electron is half a MeV., we know that we are talking about the equivalent mass of that much energy.
- The spin force or spin of an electron is about 10^-34kgm^2/s.
We need not only different units of measurement, but different methods of measurement at such tiny scales. And there are limitations on such methods, which lead us to all sorts of new rules., which we shall look at over time.
Reference for the Quantum concepts above : The Quantum World : Kenneth W. Ford
Authorship and Copyright Notice : All Rights Reserved : Satya Sarada Kandula
- Time : Past, Present and Future : Bhuta Bhavya Bhavan Nathah Vishnuh
- Time : Why study time ? : “Kaalah Aham – I am Time” – Krishna
- Time : Kalakantha, kalamurthi, kalagni, kalanasana, Siva : Markandeya : Maghamahatmya
- Time and Space : Are Time and Space “side-effect” of matter? Is Space empty? or full of some”thing” else?
- Time, Matter, Energy and Consciousness : Kaala, Sat, Sakthi, Purusha/Devi
- Life : Pranadah, Pranah, Jivanah, Vishnuh! : What is Life? In science and sanskrit texts : Eating.
- Consciousness : Pragnya, Chitta, Purusha/Devi : in Science and Sanskrit Texts
- Time : Movement : Motion: : Jagat : Charaachara : Understanding Devi and Purusha as Movement and Time.
- Light : Lakshmi : Vishnu
- Light : Bits of Light Energy (Photons) : suvarna rajata srajaa Lakshmi : mass energy equivalence, sat sakti equivalence, advaita, sat cit ananda
- Particles : The Very Small (sukshma) and The Very Fast (vega) : Photons : Lakshmi, Devi, Sarva Chaitanya, Atman