sAdhana is means, abhyAsa is practice.
Hindus have a lot of choices relating to God.
- You may choose to believe or disbelieve in the existence of Is’vara.
- You may choose to believe that I’svara has a function and utility or not.
- You have a choice of name and attributes of I’svara.
- You may believe that you and I’svara are separate Or the same and some variations on this theme.
Having decided which is your philosophy, you go and find a guru who has attained the goal in your chosen philosophy. Under that guru, you select your sAdhana and practice it. Sometimes a guru will choose the right sAdhana for you.
Sometimes you just latch on to a guru through a friend or a relative and follow them. Sometimes you are guided by those who have given birth to you or raised you. Sometimes you just stumble onto things and try them out.
Every single way I have tried, works, interestingly enough. But for me this section below, labelled Uncluttering Life, has given stabler results.
Puja at home :
- Halalladaru haku neeralladaru haku Raghavendra ಹಾಲಲ್ಲಾದರು ಹಾಕು ನೀರಲ್ಲಾದರು ಹಾಕು ರಾಘವೇಂದ್ರ – devata manushya
- O Bojja Ganapayya….
- Ganesha Banda, Kayi Kadubu Tinda…
- Ganesha Puja : Ayam Muhurtah Sumuhurtostu : May this muhurta be a good muhurta
- Ganesha Puja : Quoting the Bhagavad Gita, Vishnu Sahasranamam and Rama Raksha Stotram
- Shodasha Ganapati Stotra is chanted for the removal of all obstacles
- Prana Pratishtha – prANa pratiSThA – invoking Ganesha into the vigraha
- Ganesha Puja : Sending out the Rakshasas and the Bhutas, and worshipping the Earth
Friends recommend Meditation :
Temple Visits :
- Bhagavad Gita : Audio Files
- Abhyasa : Time with Vishnu.
- Ganapati Mantram. and Vedas
- Vishnu Sahasranama : Chanting : pArAyaNam (Audio)
- Vishnu Sahasranama Chanting
- Abhyasa : dhyana and vishnu sahasranama
- abhyAsa : Vishnu Sahasranama Chanting after a long gap!
- Vishnu Sahasranamam : Chanting is better than hearing
- Tat Tvam Asi
- Bhagavad Gita Complete : Satya Bhashyam (vyAkhyAnam)
- Isa Vasya Upanishad
- Vishnu Sahasranamam (Mahabharatam)
(In reverse chronological order)
- The tiger and the deer : And Divinity
- abhyAsa : From Kunda Miss to Kunda Guruji to Kunda Devi
- About: The second morning walk
- About : A morning walk
- About : brahmagnyaana
- abhyAsa : Detachment increases degrees of freedom.
- abhyAsa : Permission to get hurt
- abhyAsa : involvement vs detachment
- abhyAsa : involvement
- abhyAsa : images of others
- abhyAsa : externalizing the self-image
- abhyAsa : self-image, parents and society
- abhyAsa : The beauty is only in my mind!
- abhyAsa : Letting go of the world
- abhyAsa : Expectations
- abhyasa : the poison in our minds
- abhyAsa : A trail of bread crumbs
- abhyAsa : a surprise call
- abhyasa : detachment to myself
- abhyasa : There is no point of solitude without a purpose.
- abhyAsa : jealousy
- abhyAsa : Dealing with moms
- abhyAsa : Emptiness
- abhyAsa : uncluttering emotions
- abhyAsa : to achieve, to possess, to experience
- abhyAsa : Other People’s Problems
- abhyAsa : okay, clutter out. now what?
- abhyasa : uncluttering my mind
- abhyAsa : uncluttering my day – 2
- abhyAsa : Uncluttering my day.
- Abhyasa : Loneliness