People pass judgements on you that tell you
- what you are like which reinforces your body-mind identity
- whether that is good or bad which reinforces dvandva or duality
- what you have done which reinforces kartRtva ie the idea that you are the doer
- whether that action is good or bad which reinforces dvandva
- that you are responsible for the consequences of your actions which contradicts ‘ma phalEsu kadAcana’ : Krishna’s statement that we have no adhikAra in the consequences of our action
- that you have to be result oriented which contradicts ‘ma karmaphala hEturbhU’ :Krishna’s statement that we oughtn’t be result oriented.
They say ‘you did this good/bad thing’.
Then you parse the statement. body-mind identity, kaRtrtva, dvandva.
People are generally sad and angry most of the time and they want you to share their anger and misery. (rajas and tamas).
People believe that they have the key to material success and want to give it to you. And the key they have is anti-Gita.
People tell us about how to be bound.
The word for responsibility bAdhyata and the word for bondage bandhana are from the same verb root ‘badh’!
Krishna tells us how to be free.
Satya Sarada Kandula