Ashtavakra (aSTAvakra) (Story From mahabharata)
- aSTAvakra samhitA (gItA) ( Links to previous posts)
Janaka said :
- The boat of the universe moves hither and thither by its own wind, the endless ocean that I am. There is no intolerance in me.
- May the wave of the universe rise and fall of its own in the endless ocean that I am. There is neither my growth nor decay.
- There is the vikalpana, the imagination of the universe in the endless ocean that I am. I stay in this extremely tranquil, formless Self.
- The self is not in the bhAva (perception). nah bhAvah = nO bhAvah = our perceptions in that which is endless and pure.
- Thus disinterested and detached and peaceful, only that I am, I stay!
- aho! I am cit, only! The world is like a magic show ( a trap of indra’s – indrajAla). Therefore where/how can there be my thought of rejection and acceptance?
Janaka says that the Self is greater than the universe which is nothing more than a wave, a boat or a magic show.
He says we neither need accept nor reject something that is so trivial and illusory.